Sunday, November 17, 2013

Blue Glade


Blue Glade was a quick project that was pretty driven by the process. I first had this vision of a wide arch with lots of bells and gongs and wind chimes hanging down from it, chiming and ringing in the wind, and a lone person standing in the middle, marveling up at them. Once the main structure was made, I thought that maybe I'd put it underwater. That idea left. Then I tested out a new pattern for treetops that makes them look less geometric (snowy treetops in this case). The tree line was level with the roofs of the towers at first, then I lowered it and made it slant from left to right. The towers in the background came in, and when it turned out that a lone person was not fitting, a little table with a brass pot took his place.

There isn't much to look at in this piece compared to my regular ones. The real focus for me was the sound of the chimes hanging from under the arch, which is ultimately left to the viewer's imagination.

If you want to contact me, email raccoonman.art@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment