Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Sequel

Festival
Slow Morning at the Pier
It just seemed so ideal for stringing up lights and changing out the people and what not that I had to do a night version. I've also got to say that this is the most successful I've ever with night pixel art. If If I had just taken Slow Morning at the Pier and just change the sky color it would have looked like the whole dock had spotlights shining on it and been out of place, so each color on the dock had to manually be darkened. I tried to do as many things as I could that I didn't do in the day version. The tent only increased in mysteriousness, though, and Festival is less of a visual art piece and more of a scene.

I also think that the second gives meaning to the first. The pair show how two-sided a place can be, and how the same thing can mean completely different things to different people. Somebody who goes to the pier in the morning to buy fruit will never know that liveliness of Festival, and somebody who only goes at night will never know the peace of the morning.

More is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment